Monday, December 21, 2009

I'm House-painting. Am I O.K. to use LATEX house paint?

I have scraped the dried paint from the outside of my house. I have applied KILZ primer to the exposed wood.


I have some LATEX topcoat paint. - Is this ';latex'; (type) the same as WATER BASED house-paint that is good to use for outdoor painting?I'm House-painting. Am I O.K. to use LATEX house paint?
yes u can use latex paint but make sure it says exterior......dont for get to caulk first then paint....and the air temp needs to be 40 deg or higher in order to paint.......





lic. gen. contractorI'm House-painting. Am I O.K. to use LATEX house paint?
If you only primed exposed wood and not over the existing paint you will need to use the same type paint as the house was painted with either latex or oil. If you primed the entire house you can use either as long as it is for exterior use. If you mix oil and latex paints they will fail.
It needs to be an exterior paint for outside otherwise it will fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment