Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Best Exterior Latex Paint?

I'm painting the outside trim of my house white. I've pressure washed the old paint flakes off. What primer and latex paint do you recommend?


I also have cedar shakes that are brown that I'd like to make red. Should I restain them or paint over them?Best Exterior Latex Paint?
Behr is excellent exterior paint, and so is Benjamin Moore. Better quality paint is very worth it for exteriors. For the shakes, consult at the paint store to be sure but I think you're best to stay with a transparent stain especially if it's an older house. I think you can get moisture issues painting older shakes.Best Exterior Latex Paint?
My favorite paint is Behr, I painted the outside of my house with it in 2004 and it hasn't faded or worn at all.
porter, or benjamin moore

No comments:

Post a Comment