Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Am I allergic to Latex?

Just recently in Bio class, we were dissecting fetal pigs, and the teacher said that if any of us has a Latex allergy, we can use special gloves. I don't recall ever being allergic, but as soon as we started using them, I felt somewhat sick and have been sneezing off and on. We have used these Latex gloves for about a week now, and I've felt sick this whole time.


Do you think I just happen to be sick or am I really allergic?Am I allergic to Latex?
You are sick. You would be getting really bad hives, and major swelling around the sight of contact.Am I allergic to Latex?
I developed a latex allergy in my thirties and I found out following 2 incidents. I blew up a balloon and my mouth swelled up and I visited the dentist and again experienced localised swelling on the side of my mouth she was working on. I can wear gloves containing latex without any hives or itching but then again it's not exactly anaphylaxis I have - yet - touch wood.
  • ie tab
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment